Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Crossing v. The Bible

So as the crossing is coming to an end, I still find myself less than fascinated with it. I think that maybe I am a "airport reader". I need action and adventure, not ten page descriptions that could easily be summed up in a paragraph. However, I do see the big excitement in the "literary world" about this text. (A strange world that is, one that I certainly do not belong to!)

As far as the journey that is written about in the text. I find the whole novel to be like The Bible in its life messages. I know now that some of you reading this are thinking,"Did she really go there?" And yes, I did. I know that this subject all together can be a touchy one, but as I am reading this novel, I can not help but to compare the two. The Bible, some might argue, is a book of morals and journeys. It tells the story of a man, I believe to be the son of god, and his journey and hardships through the land and world at that time. The Bible gives the reader an understanding about the meaning of life and the do's and don'ts in society.

Some critics believe that The Bible, is solely a book of morals and is minimally factual. Whether that statement is true or false, is ones personal opinion. However, one cannot deny that The Bible does teach morals. In The Crossing, the author uses the passing of characters and their interactions to teach young children the ways of the world, the meaning of life. In some ways, it documents a journey, and the consequences of decisions. Much like The Bible, this novel uses conversations and paths crossing with characters to teach these lessons. In class on Thursday, we chose philosophical passages that had certain "lessons" and interpretations. I found it interesting how many of them referred to god and the journey of life. Perhaps this would have been something to write a final paper about. Perhaps not! All the same... I'm glad I sat through the torture of reading this novel. I am proud that I finished this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me and ozzy fucked harder, trying to show to my god!
FUCK YES!' prior to cumming inside my warm pussy. were still fucking

Also visit my web site: hcg injections